Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Define nice?

The place quite nice!
The food very nice!
The movie very nice!

So, can anyone tell me what is the definition of nice?

One good example. During chinese new year period this year, The Green Hornet started screening in cinemas and i saw alot of people commenting that it was nice, on facebook. And so happen that a couple of my cousins are watching it during chinese new year day one, i went ahead to catch the movie with them after visiting. Conclusion, the movie was not as good as i expected. I mean, yes, Jay Chou's role was pretty not bad. But overall, i don't remember a "WOW" point in the movie. From this experience, i can conclude that the definition of nice of other people was greatly different from mine.

Another example. This is a highly personal choice of mine. I always prefer to dine in not so high profile restaurants because there always seem to be too much hype for the brand rather than the food itself. I would never understand eating steamboat in a shopping centre. The food you get for the steamboat is highly pathetic for the price you pay. Definitely a "no-no" for me.

Lastly, Starbucks is definitely not nice to me. The only drink i like from there would be Caramel Frappacinno (don't know whether spelt like this) but it is not a "DIE DIE" must drink for me. If i have the craving for it, then i MIGHT(still not a must) get it. But i cannot live without traditional coffee. Yes, it is cheap coffee but it is coffee which is made with effort.

For those who wants to label me as an uncle, be my guest. The definition of nice definitely differs from person to person. However, i believe most of the times, humans say something is nice because others say it is nice too. Monkey see monkey do isn't it? Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment